Sunday, March 27, 2011

Busy Week but not for Sewing!!!

Very slim pickings this week but I did manage to get my weekly Barbara Brackman BOW completed.


I decided to foundation paper piece this block, as it happens it was in the EQ block library so that saved me having to draw it up.   I put the larger triangle on before I realised I was going to try and put a handle on the basket and tuck the ends into the seam.  Oh! well better planning needed next time!!!

In between my busy schedule this past week I have been making a few more QAYG blocks to add to what I had been given by the girls in my Quiltbee group a couple of weeks ago.   I'm also anxiously waiting for two quilts to come back from the long-arm quilter, should be this week sometime!  After the binding goes onto them I really want to make a start on the UFO I committed to a few weeks ago! 

Hopefully by my next post I will have more to share!

Hope you are all busy sewing, thankyou for dropping by!

Take care,
Merilyn

5 comments:

Elyte said...

Often we are busy but don't have too much to show. I like the fabrics that you have chosen for the block. It might only be one block but there are a lot of pieces in the little block.

Barbara J said...

As sure as the sun will rise! :) Great block and fabric.

Go slow and remember to smell the coffee!

Terry said...

Great block! I made one of those a LONG time ago and made it into a pillow cover. :0)

Julia said...

Lovely block...I love basket blocks.
This one block is better than none at all Merilyn..
Julia ♥

antique quilter said...

looks great, oh thats what the seam ripper is for !!! open up the seams just a bit to push that handle in on both sides! YOU can do it!
Kathie