Can't believe a whole week has gone by since my last post. I usually try for a midweek post, but I just didn't get there this time!
Firstly the highlight of my week, the Barbara Brackman BOW.
I really enjoy a new block each week, but I still have a hard time trying to decide on fabrics! I just love the mustard print from Judie Rothermel and her 'Cider Mill - A Journey Through Time' collection, and had to find a place for this, the other 2 prints are from Bonnie Blue Basics.
It's quite unbelieveable what the climate has unleased on the world over the past couple of months, so many people have lost their lives and so many survivors has lost everything. The images coming out of Japan in this lastest earthquake and tsunami is mindblowing, and it looks as though the death toll will be very high.
If you have been following me you will know that I have been making QAYG blocks for a couple of projects here in Australia and New Zealand.
My lastest work is for the Christchurch earthquake project. I completed 35 blocks, which is enough to make up one quilt, and have sent them off to be put together in Victoria, before being sent to NZ.
This is what 35 blocks look like all stacked up. A quilty friend is nearly close to making a stack like this for Christchurch too!
I looked around my sewing room and found that I had a lovely panel left over from a prevous project that I ended up not using. I can see now that it was destined for another purpose!
It is for a child's quilt, I added a border of bright colours and will get it long-arm quilted very soon. This will be going to Christchurch as well!
This panel is from the 'Lollipop' line by Sandy Gervais for Moda. I still had a few layer-cake squares which I added as corner stones, and was lucky enough to be able to match up the green and aqua from my local quilt shop. I love how cheerful this little quilt will be, the monkeys are so cute!!!
My plans for completing a UFO or two had to be put aside, so hopefully now I will be able to put them back on the sewing table!!!
Whatever your pursuits this week, hopefully they will be rewarding ones, stay safe enjoy each day to the max!!!
Thanks for dropping by!
Merilyn




11 comments:
That little quilt top is so quirky and cute and you matched the fabrics perfectly. That will make a little someone very happy.
Can't believe all the devastation around us, how can we help everyone? I suppose we can do as you have done, help in areas that we can.
Can you believe it's mid March already?
Thank you so much from the bottom of my humble heart - it is amazing what woman around the world are doing for Christchurch.
And now Japan .. .. ..
You have been pretty busy! Great stuff for the soul for sure! Time to breathe a little?
How's the 'you know what' coming along? :)
I know your efforts will be so appreciated by those effected by the horrible natural disasters that are plaguing our planet. Good job!
You have been very busy for a good cause, such devastation. I love your new BOW block, the mustard fabric is wonderful!
Great effort on the strip blocks...they will make up into a lovely quilt...so much sadness, these quilts will be so loved..
Julia ♥
I've been resisting the urge to do Barbara Brackman's BOW, but I think I'm going to cave! Can't wait to see your quilt when it is done!
Blessings
your BOW is gorgeous, Merrilyn..love those yummy mustards mmm!!
Your BOW blocks is beautiful! I seem to resist using mustard color fabrics but I do like the one you've used. Cute panel too!
Its hard to know what to do with all the disasters which have been happening lately. Thank you for helping others through quilting!
Thanks for visiting my blog. Your quilts are amzaing you are obviously talented and generous. The quikts will be absolutely treasured and loved.
that panel is adorable, cute little quilt you have made it into!
love your fabric choices for your block.
so nice of you to donate this little quilt as well...keep up the good work!
Kathie
Post a Comment